- Applications and all supporting materials must be received by November 15 (early admission) or March 1 (regular admission) for enrollment during the next academic year.
- From the pool of applicants, the admissions committee will select qualified candidates for screening. Candidate screening will occur within 2-3 weeks of the November 15 and March 1 application submission deadlines.
- Recommendations for admission to UCAPP will be made to the UConn Graduate School after all candidates have been screened.
- The UConn Graduate School will notify candidates about their admission status in January (early admission) or April (regular admission).
- Orientation will be held in May for the new cohorts.
- An earned master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of three (Traditional and PLUS) or four (Residency) years of teaching experience.
- GRE and other standardize test scores are not required for admission to UCAPP.
Complete the online application to the Graduate School by November 15 (early admission) or March 1 (regular admission) of the application year.
- When choosing field of study/degree on the application, please select:
- “Education: UConn Administrator Preparation Program (UCAPP)”.
- All application materials must be uploaded digitally via the Graduate School online application.
- For the campus location, select Storrs. Students applying to the Stamford cohort should select Stamford.
In your Personal Statement (1 page), specify whether you are applying to the East, Guilford, PLUS, Residency, Stamford, or West cohort and write on one of the following prompts:
- Based on your personal and professional experience, identify and describe 2-3 qualities that define the type of school leader you aim to be.
- Describe a personal or professional challenge you have overcome and how that experience can serve you well as a leader.
In lieu of letters of recommendation, UCAPP requires recommenders to complete the candidate evaluation form, which is part of the Graduate application. Candidate evaluation forms should be completed by the following individuals. Provide the name and contact information for:
- 1 central office administrator
- 1 building principal or assistant principal
- 2 professional colleagues
Last updated 10/16/2017